- How to Register or Log In.
Simply click Log In|Register in the menu bar. If you have never registered, follow the Register instructions. Store your registration email and password where you can access them. Modesto Bible College can not retrieve your email and only you know your password. You will need to use them to log back into the website.
If you have already registered but logged out, click Log In to access the website to finish a class and/or begin a new one. Once you are logged In, and have already purchased classes, the caption will change to My Account. Click it to resume viewing your purchased class(es).
Unfortunately, MBC has no control over the " I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials" box that has to be checked to complete your registration. The same holds for the "Send me marketing updates" box that may be unchecked when making a purchase.
- How to buy a class.
The process is straightforward and easy to follow. Just press the BUY A CLASS button located at the bottom of this page or on the Preview page for each class. If you get bogged down, here are step by step instructions.
- Click the BUY A CLASS button found at the bottom of this page or on the Preview page for each class.
- Click the class(es) you wish to purchase.
- Click ADD TO CART and CHECKOUT. If you're satisfied and done with your purchase, click CHECKOUT again.
- Fill in YOUR DETAILS and click NEXT.
- Click PAYMENT DETAILS and NEXT. You will be redirected to PayPal to authorize payment, once you return you will be able to complete the order. You do not have to join PayPal to complete your transaction.
- Click COMPLETE ORDER (uncheck "Send Me Marketing Updates"). You will see an Order Confirmation and receive and email soon.
- Click ModestoBibleCollege.org on your email receipt or go to ModestoBibleCollege.org and click Log In|Register or My Account to view your class(es).
- Click the class(es) you wish to view.
- Have fun.
- How to create an MBC email.
If you're concerned about security and your email contains your first or last name, you might want to create a separate email for Modesto Bible College (MBC). Call it your MBC email. Pick letters and numbers and create a @yahoo.com or @gmail.com email. You might even put MBC in the email so you can remember it. Don't use a name or word. Just letters and numbers. For instance: email@example.com. You should use your MBC email for all MBC communication, including posting and reviewing papers. If you choose this route, put your email at the top of your paper instead of your name.
- How to write a summary paper, create an outline or write an activity report.
See the Papers page for a complete explanation.
- How to make a request for your paper to be reviewed and post availability to review a paper.
After you purchase a class, you will be able to join the MBC Group. It will be available at the same site you view your class. This is the place to let people know you need a paper reviewed and that you are available to review a paper. Share your MBC email and review off-site, via email, person to person. DO NOT POST YOUR PAPER OR REVIEW IN THE GROUP.
You might say something like, "I need someone to review my paper. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org" Or, "I'm available to review a paper. I can be reached at email@example.com."
Share your MBC email and continue the dialogue off-site, via email. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (phone number, address, etc). Report any suspicious behavior through the CONTACT US button.
Be sure to delete your request (or availability) when you receive a response so you're not inundated with inquiries .
If you are under 18 you are not eligible to have your work reviewed online or conduct an online review. Ask a parent or trusted adult to review your work. You do not need to review a paper to complete the lesson.
- How to review a paper.
Share two positive thoughts. Give two things you liked most about the review. You have the option of offering one constructive idea on how the paper might even be better. Be kind, humble, concise and helpful. Be complete in your thoughts. Your review may be only a few words, but should not exceed one page (about 500 words). Remember, it's a review not a separate teaching.
- How to save the Modesto Bible Collge website as an icon or bookmark.
You will be referring to the website often so it's a good idea to create an icon if you use a handheld device, or bookmark if you use a laptop or desktop. That way all you will have to do it press the icon or click on the menu bar and you'll be at the website. Search the option below that best fits your device.
- How to create an icon from a website on a iPhone (or iPad). List your model number.
- How to create an icon from a website on an Android device.
- How to bookmark a website on an Apple laptop or desktop.
- How to bookmark a website on a non Apple laptop or desktop.
- How to convert a pages or word document to a PDF file.
You should convert your work from your original word processing format (Pages, Word, etc.) to a PDF document when sending it in an email to be reviewed. PDF is designed to be more universally readable than native formats. Plus its more secure (less likely to be edited and changed). Usually the conversion process occurs during the saving step. Search for "How to create a PDF document from a Word (or Pages) document" and follow the instructions.